Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain in my wee hole

(13 Posts)
jellyjelly Sun 04-Oct-09 10:45:37

This week been feeling a little fluey, had a couple of lemsips been feeling better.

This morning I woke up and started to get pain in my wee hole. Not when I am peeing but inbetween.

It was cloudy morning wee - sorry if tmi and its clear now.

It is happening often and it quickly goes.

Had pain in my kidneys earlier in the week but i hadnt drunk alot that day so put it down to that.

Any advice.

Hassled Sun 04-Oct-09 10:47:20

wee hole???

Sounds like a touch of cystitis - get yourself off to the chemist and there's stuff you can buy. In the meantime, drink loads and loads - helps flush stuff out.

jellyjelly Sun 04-Oct-09 10:54:42

Yes where the wee comes out. I looked online for the symtoms but it doesnt sound like that.

jellyjelly Sun 04-Oct-09 11:16:23

anyone?

AnyFuleKno Sun 04-Oct-09 11:40:56

It's cystitis. Potassium Citrate from the chemists and a docs appointment as soon as poss, it's very easily sorted out.

wee hole makes me a bit queasy, i'm afraid. Can I suggest saying 'urethra' grin

jellyjelly Sun 04-Oct-09 12:29:21

I was in so much pain i couldnt think technical name. Thankyou.

I do feel a bit dizzy too.

Its my first time i have had this.

AnyFuleKno Sun 04-Oct-09 13:01:22

Sorry, didn't mean to be snarky jelly.

I used to be a repeat sufferer as a teenager so I know exactly what you're going through.

Forgot to say, sitting in a nice warm bath will help you to feel more comfortable.

BrigitBigKnickers Sun 04-Oct-09 13:10:52

Drink drink drink (water that is)
Also see if you can get hold of some cranberry juice and drink that too and some "cymalon" from emergency pharmacy in the short term (as GP won't be open today).There is also a very effective homeopathic rememdy called cantharis(I am usually quite sceptical but this one seems to work.)

It does sound like a urinary infection so see your GP for some ABs as soon as poss.

pinkthechaffinch Sun 04-Oct-09 15:19:01

if it is cystitis (sounds like it might well be) go and see your GP and get some anti-biotics. Cranberry juice and stuff you can buy from the chemist are better as preventative measures. I speak from long experience sad

ElectricElephant Sun 04-Oct-09 15:25:50

While since i've had it, but def drink as much water as you can, and cranberry juice.

I never got any medication for it, and it cleared up by itself in a couple of days.

Do you have any pain in your lower abdomen (bladder) - I would get to the GP tomorrow for AB's

pinkthechaffinch Sun 04-Oct-09 16:15:34

Please get anti biotics. It could turn into a really nasty kidney infection, if you don't. The pain in your kidneys should not be ignored.

This is what my dr advised me.

diddl Sun 04-Oct-09 18:04:31

Drink lots of water & have a wee as soon as you fel the need.

Get to docs, to be tested for cystitis.

jellyjelly Mon 05-Oct-09 17:42:54

Thanks everyone I do indeed have an infection and have antiobiotics to start tonight,been told to stay off a couple of days till better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now