Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Poo thread sorry!

(21 Posts)
charleepeters Wed 08-Jun-05 20:28:44

Sorry this is gross but wanted some advice. Just latley ds's poos have had this oily looking bright orange liquid in them kinda like sweet and sour sauce (sorry again) but its not nly when he poos sometimes i change him when hes wet and his nappys stained with the same orange stuff round the bottom, i know its not his wee but its not normal for him anyone know whats going on???

hes on dairy free formula dont know if this makes any difference?

they smell alot worse and this orange stuff soaks right trough his nappy.
heres the gross bit apologise in advance!
when he passes wind or has his legs up when he has no nappy on this orange stuff seems to dribble from his bottom yuck i know!
can anyone help???

emily05 Wed 08-Jun-05 20:31:44

how old is he? is he on solids?

charleepeters Wed 08-Jun-05 20:32:15

hes 9 months, hes been on solids since 5 1/2 months, weve never had this before.

charleepeters Wed 08-Jun-05 20:35:12

hes on Neocate formula

charleepeters Wed 08-Jun-05 20:39:16

anyone???

Lonelymum Wed 08-Jun-05 20:40:15

Sorry. I want to help but I am not sure what to say. Is this diarrhoea, do you think?

charleepeters Wed 08-Jun-05 20:41:06

no i dont think so the actuall poo isnt runny or loose its normal its just this stuff with it and in between poos!

Lonelymum Wed 08-Jun-05 20:42:52

Has he eaten something new recently? also, is he mobile? Has he been out in the garden or park or something lately? I find mine sometimes pick up little bugs from the dirt in the garden etc which give them a little looseness without actually making them ill IYSWIM.

emily05 Wed 08-Jun-05 20:43:14

ds gets wierd nappies usually dependant on what he eats. If I were you write down EVERYTHING he has had to eat and drink and have a good lok at anything that might be orangy or red.

I know that it sounds daft - but if ds has carrot his nappies are orange.

The fact that it is dribbling out of his bottom though does sound like he has an upset tummy. Perhaps take him to the doctor as well (not that I would be very worried - not meaning to worry you). Is he drinking enough water?

Lonelymum Wed 08-Jun-05 20:43:46

I have known my ds3 to stain his nappy with a smear of poo without actually pooing IYKWIM. We call them watery farts!

charleepeters Wed 08-Jun-05 20:46:04

he hasnt had anything unusal and has been having carrott for ages and never had this before. hes not moblie but often sits on the carpet so maybe hes eaten somethng without me knowing.

he doesnt drink alot but has has 5 bottles a day and a couple of bottles of juice a day dont now if this is enough. will the health visitor be able to advise me?
its not the colour thats wierd its just it look oily like when you get oil in water, its kind of seperated. its hard to explain.

charleepeters Wed 08-Jun-05 20:46:46

yes i think thats what he does to stain his nappy we call them farts with a suprise!!!!!

Lonelymum Wed 08-Jun-05 20:47:22

Gross suggestion here, but take in a soiled nappy to the baby clinic or the doctors and get them to look at it. Boy! you will be popular!

charleepeters Wed 08-Jun-05 20:47:54

yeah i know i meet my new h.v tomorrow shes gonna love me!

emily05 Wed 08-Jun-05 20:54:23

your health visitor will love you! Blame it on lonelymum!! hehe

I think that he drinks a fair amount. The oil thing is strange! Sounds really wierd, there must be a logical explanation. Think that you are doing the right thing telling your hv. good luck - let us know what she says! I am intrigued

Lonelymum Thu 09-Jun-05 10:56:05

Been to the HV yet CP?

charleepeters Thu 09-Jun-05 11:16:33

no not untill 2'0clock will let you know what she says xxx

charleepeters Thu 09-Jun-05 14:02:40

h.v didnt show up today grrrrr! will have to wait untill tuesday now.

Lonelymum Thu 09-Jun-05 14:58:20

Oh that's a let-down. How are the nappies today?

Lonelymum Fri 10-Jun-05 13:37:33

CP how is ds today? I am worried. get of the word association thread now!

Lonelymum Fri 10-Jun-05 13:39:48

Darn! you've gone haven't you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now