Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

breast pain

(6 Posts)
Mioo Fri 02-Oct-09 20:44:57

well, Im 33 I have a 2 year old and at the moment Im worried because since a couple of weeks I've feeling pain in one of my breast, not the whole breast, just one part.

Is direfent kind of than when I've my period.

Anyone had this?

perdu Sat 03-Oct-09 07:48:55

just seen your message ....unanswered!

I haven't had this sort of pain but of course suggest that you get to the doctor if it is still there on Monday.

Try not to panic - probably something minor?

VerityBrulee Mon 05-Oct-09 10:40:08

Mioo, how are you?

I have had painful lumps in my breast investigated twice, and they were nothing to worry about, but the consultant told me I MUST get it investigated everytime it happens, just in case.

bebesequin Mon 05-Oct-09 14:30:38

Could it be hormone levels? have had this too it worried me because it was only in one breast- I got it checked out all ok advised to take evenng primrose oil for a while which helped also advised to avoid underwired bras (which i didn't).As i recall the apin could bequite severe at times even waking me from my sleep- see GP if persists.

Mioo Tue 06-Oct-09 18:57:21

Thanks for replying!

I saw my GP yesterday, she checked my breast and told me I should go back to her,one week after my period, cos it's easy to feel something abnormal (at the mo it's very lumpy). Actually I thought I was going to be sent for an x ray or something like that. I don't know if I should go somewhere else to seek another opinion.

VerityBrulee Wed 07-Oct-09 10:48:56

I find that lumps often appear in the week or so before my period then disappear. I think that drs usually recommend checking your breasts after your period for that reason, so your gp's probably right. If the lump/pain is still there when you see her next I'm sure she refer you on then.

Try not to worry smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now