Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

can you help find a link about not using soaps etc on newborns?

(7 Posts)
hana Wed 08-Jun-05 18:29:32

can anyone post a link to any studies or articles about why you shouldn't use any (scented) lotions potions soaps etc on a newborn? My brother's wife recently had a baby and the first picture I saw was of him was having his first bath and he was covered in a thick lather head to toe - cute of course! but I said oh no, you are't supposed to do that - anyways - he wants proof not just my say so. My sister is also having a baby v soon and she told her OB-GYN ( she's in Canada) about this and the doctor has never heard of anything like this. So can anyone point me in the right direction? I've been searching archives but am not coming up with anything! thanks for your help

WideWebWitch Wed 08-Jun-05 18:30:27

old thread

kama Wed 08-Jun-05 18:33:34

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Wed 08-Jun-05 18:38:03

Message withdrawn

hana Wed 08-Jun-05 18:38:16

sorry - you're right kama - my bil has lots of allergies and excema so sister is interested in reasons why - so prob good for them . Brother just doesn't believe me!
thanks for link, will show them!

giraffeski Wed 08-Jun-05 18:44:37

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Wed 08-Jun-05 18:48:31

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now