Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Conjungtivitis - question...........

(6 Posts)
Gwenick Wed 08-Jun-05 17:59:50

OK i know I can't spell it - but that's not what I want to ask.

I know with Conjungitivitis you get 'sticky' eyes, and I 'think' I may have it - but with it do your eyes feel as though you've been crying???

Woke up yesterday morning - eyes a bit sticky, cleaned them and they were pretty much fine all day. Woke up this morning and they were VERY sticky, looked like DS's had rubbed snot all over my eyes (sorry TMI!). I cleaned them, but they keep 'gunking' up and now they feel as if I've had a good cry...........which I haven't!!

pindy Wed 08-Jun-05 18:02:06

They can also feel really "gritty" - try the chemist for some stuff - if not a trip to the doctors - it is very infectious, keep your towel and flannel away from everyone elses!!!

milge Wed 08-Jun-05 18:03:39

yes, sounds like conjunctivitis - i wouldn't bother with over the counter stuff, but get a prescription from your GP- i think i had something like Chloromycetin,(?) which cleared it up quickly. pretty grim, though.

Gwenick Wed 08-Jun-05 18:05:05

Thanks - shall give them a ring in the morning, then take a walk up (thankfully our GP doesn't make you have appointments for stuff like that - they'll talk to you on the phone and you can pick the prescription up at your leisure - don't want to look like I've been crying when I go to Highclere on Saturday!!

robinia Wed 08-Jun-05 18:59:51

In the meantime, bathe in warm salt water.

lilaclotus Wed 08-Jun-05 19:04:04

my dd had it a while ago and woke up in the night with her eyes shut from the sticky stuff. very frightening for her. the drops the gp got her worked really well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now