Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this hayfever ???

(11 Posts)
nutcracker Wed 08-Jun-05 16:36:50

A coiple of weeks ago I thought I had a cold, but it's never gone, i've constantly got a runny or blocked nose and keep sneezing.

Eyes haven't really been itchy but they have been sore.

tiredemma Wed 08-Jun-05 16:39:11

yes,sounds like it. Is the top of your mouth ever itchy? (the pallet?)

Thomcat Wed 08-Jun-05 16:42:29

Probably.
I heard today that if you didn't have hayfever before you'll get it this year.
Mine has been bad for over a week now, esp last few days.
lottie seems to have it now as well

nutcracker Wed 08-Jun-05 16:53:48

Erm don't think my mouth has been itchy no.

What is best to take for it if anything ??

tiredemma Wed 08-Jun-05 16:56:42

i used to have piriton but i would literally fall asleep immediatly, now i have 'Galpharm' hayfever and alergy reliewf as they are non drowsy.

lunavix Wed 08-Jun-05 17:01:28

dp was wondering if I have hayfever. It's all a bit muddled as I have had a really bad sore throat (that could be anything as ds has had tonsilitus) plus my eyes have been terribly itchy (which due to my rubbing lead to conjuntivitus ) however I'm getting bad migraines and sinus pain so I have no idea...

jampots Wed 08-Jun-05 17:05:48

Ive suffered with hayfever for about 25 years and its got steadily worse over time. However, this year no symptoms until last night which was a sneezing fit so bought some anti-histamines just in case I needed them. Havent had to take them yet but nice to know there waiting for me. I used to use benadryl but they virtually put you to sleep so have changed to Clarityn which are absolutely excellent and BOGOF in Tesco!!! £2.57 for a pack of 7

nutcracker Wed 08-Jun-05 20:30:55

Oooh thanks for that will try and get some next time i'm out.

GaylordFocker Wed 08-Jun-05 20:33:21

am a sufferer too and recommend Benadryl but would go for every 4 hour tablets as oppose to the once daily allergy tablets, which are in an orange box, as don't do any good imho.

KBear Wed 08-Jun-05 20:53:55

My DD is 6 and for the last three days has had red itchy eyes, all puffy and sore, and is sneezing constantly. No history of hayfever or allergies. I was wondering if there is a certain tree or plant at school that has triggered it as she was fine in half-term and we were at the park and the woods all the time. She has just fallen asleep in bed with cucumber on her eyes!

BTW - TOP TIP To those that buy Clarityn etc. There is always a non-brand version of these medicines that you can buy and a quarter of the price. The Galpharm ones I buy for DH are 99p and contain exactly the same ingredients as one of the branded ones, Clarityn or Zirtek or something, can't remember which. Check it out, save yourself a fortune. Galpharm is available in Boots (low down on the shelf and hard to find but they are there - they of course want you to buy the expensive ones and they are right at eye-level), Superdrug and at Savers.

HappyMumof2 Wed 08-Jun-05 21:09:40

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now