Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What does a pile look like?

(11 Posts)
BitOfFun Thu 01-Oct-09 18:44:13

Just asking as we have a paediatric appt coming up for dd2, who has bad bowel trouble. Have noticed when she is going all rigid and hypertonic during a screaming fit that a little bit of something dark pink pops out of her bum. If I was medieval I would say it was the tongue-tip of the raging demon inside her, but as I'm not, I'm assuming it has a medical explanation. Could it be sore for her? Or maybe it's totally normal? You don't tend to see many people's bums when they are flailing around shrieking, so I have no ides blush

Thanks if you can help- I'll mention it of course, but I don't want to sound silly if it's normal.

BitOfFun Thu 01-Oct-09 19:13:05

Anyone?

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Thu 01-Oct-09 19:16:21

Sorry don't have an answer, but will BUMP for you!
Hope she's ok.

BitOfFun Thu 01-Oct-09 19:18:31

Thanks smile

TheMitsubishiWarrioress Thu 01-Oct-09 19:36:01

Worked with the elderly long ago and TBH they were less 'grape-like' and more extra bits of fleshy skin that were sometimes slightly swollen. Nothing to compare them to but more like little cauliflower florets than grapes.

I hope she is OK BoF.

SqueezyCheese Sat 03-Oct-09 23:41:39

TMI alert.

My ex had a hellish trouble with piles and it looked like flesh coloured sort of extra bits of irregular skin but his were always on the....erm....outside IYKWIM. I think the cauliflower floret thing that TMW mentions sounds like a good description. My ex's used to bleed and when this happened they were red.

Salsavita Sun 04-Oct-09 08:41:39

It does sound like piles BofF. My mum has had the "op" for them. Ask the dr to check her out whilst you are there.

purplepeony Sun 04-Oct-09 10:04:26

Doubt if it's a pile- more likely a type of skin tag.
Not erious- ask dr.

alypaly Sun 04-Oct-09 10:29:19

if it is a shrunken pile it will be normal to sligtly pinker flesh colour,but if it is inflamed they tend to look like a purple
grape that is engorged with blood..believe me when they are like that,they are bloody painful.

HidingFromTheDM Sun 04-Oct-09 10:33:34

I would tend to agree with alypaly about the possibility of it being a shrunken pile.

And thank you for making me spew my coffee all over the screen BOF - "I would say it was the tongue-tip of the raging demon inside her" LOL grin

SickForGoreAndBleedsBile Sun 04-Oct-09 10:45:31

BOF, does sound like a pile tbh. With her history I would think you should mention it as presume you know how piles occur? Too much straining, constipation etc...holding on and not going to the loo. It's why so many laydees get them during pregnancy (not me, oh no no no wink).

They can be incredibly painful, itchy etc when inflamed and it's not something you want for life so let the doc know. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now