Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Embarrassing fanjo problem

(8 Posts)
redhotredhead Thu 01-Oct-09 17:33:00

I get thrush quite often and sometimes after an attack I get a little tiny crack or tear right at the top of my fanjo where the labia majora divide. It's sore when I wipe after a wee and takes a while to heal. Any suggestions? Sometimes I put a dab of vaseline on which makes it more comfy but not sure whether that aids the healing process or not?

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 01-Oct-09 17:35:40

Stop using soap or shower gel on your fanjo and get yourself some Body Shop lemon oil and tea tree body wash. Has sorted out my recurring thrush problem beautifully.

redhotredhead Thu 01-Oct-09 17:38:00

Thanks Bibbity. Should have said I do that already. Only wash with Lactacyd which has much improved frequency of attacks. Will try the body shop stuff also. Once a little crack sets in tough is really difficult to get rid of.

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 01-Oct-09 17:53:47

I used to get that little split too blush. Tea tree oil helps prevent thrush but is also a good healer. Its the best I've found.

moosemama Thu 01-Oct-09 18:06:51

I got repeated thrush when I was pregnant with dd and always got 'the split'.

The only thing I found that helped was to boil some water and leave it to cool then add 2-4 drops of lavender and tea tree and bathe after every visit to the toilet.

Alternatively, try a little Kamillosan, its really soothing and gentle enough to use in that area.

redhotredhead Thu 01-Oct-09 18:24:40

Brilliant thank you! Seems the split is quite common then - I thought I was alone!

BecauseImWorthIt Thu 01-Oct-09 18:28:06

You're never alone on MN

<cues cheesey music>

ConFuschias Thu 01-Oct-09 18:35:30

could be a fissure caused by the thrush. or could be herpes.

get it checked out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now