Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

small lumps under arm

(4 Posts)
pecanpie Wed 30-Sep-09 11:17:19

I'm 18 weeks pregnant and have 2 small (pea sized) lumps under my right armpit. I knew they were there because they are quite sore. Bit concerned about what they could be as my mum gets quite a lot of cysts, but if that was the problem would they be so sore? Out of the country at the moment so not going to be able to see doc for a couple of weeks. Anyone had something similar and turned out to be fine?

aliasdictus Wed 30-Sep-09 23:03:17

Hi, almost certainly these are a couple of lymph glands that have swollen up because you have had a minor infection somewhere in your nails, hand, arm or even breast/nipple. They trap germs and prevent further spread elsewhere. There are lots in the neck for draining the head, mouth and teeth and in the groin where they drain the leg and perineum. Being a bit tender confirms that they are actively coping with the infection. They should settle soon although may take weeks to go back to normal size. If they get worse, bigger and very painful then they are becoming a bit overwhelmed and you should then see a doctor.smile

pecanpie Thu 01-Oct-09 08:32:37

thanks aliasdictus

Mammina Thu 01-Oct-09 18:22:42

i've had these too more than once and they eventually disappear

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now