Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Recurrent stress induced shingles

(5 Posts)
colditz Wed 30-Sep-09 09:52:55

There is no actual rash there, just the very distinctive pain.

This is my 2nd flare-up since I had the original shingles, and I'm stressed (hence the flare up) and exhausted (because of the flare up).

The first time it came back, I had taken the kids on holiday and was very very stressed (on my own with two v active boys in a strange place and bad weather).

This time it seems to have been triggered by my sprained elbow (bizarre)

HOW can I control my stress levels? Joining clubs etc is just not an option, I don't have time. I need to swallow a little book of calm, or something.....

colditz Wed 30-Sep-09 10:33:06

Bump.

dareisayit Wed 30-Sep-09 17:15:22

I had shingles once when stressed to bits at 22, absolute nightmare and the pain...

Did you have it confirmed that it is shingles? Not 'just' phantom pain because of damaged nerve ends from the first time? I had phantom pains for a few months after.

How about yoga or qigong or tai chi, they all bring down high blood pressure and the likes. Breathing exercises also very good.

Get well soon!

dareisayit Wed 30-Sep-09 17:16:49

Can you get yourself a DVD and practice like that? Do you have anyone round who could mind the kids for an arvo? So you can get a bit of time for yourself.

nightcat Wed 30-Sep-09 17:22:30

I swear by B-complex, magnesium & zinc. For me, B & Mg even work on stress-induced headaches. Quite often people are deficient in B as they rarely get tested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now