Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone who has had a chest infection.......

(7 Posts)
mumof3teens Wed 30-Sep-09 08:52:04

Were you left with a cough / tight chest and phlegm after the initial infection had gone and if so, how long did it last please? Is there anything I can do to speed up recovery? Am taking echinacea, vitamins, still doing steam inhalations etc. Am feeling much better after 9 weeks of feeling rough and lots of ABs/ steroids.
Would be grateful for any suggestions.

meltedmarsbars Wed 30-Sep-09 11:47:39

I'd go back - are you sure it's really actually gone?

mumof3teens Wed 30-Sep-09 13:06:58

Hi mm
I had a repeat blood test last week and the esr (infection markers) were way down to almost normal levels. The phlegm (sorry if tmi) is now creamy coloured or clear and I feel much better in myself. I know it is going to take me a while to get back up to speed after such a nasty infection, but wondered if there was anything else I could do?

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 30-Sep-09 13:43:53

Have you been given an inhaler? I know that one has helped me after symptoms lingered after a chest infection.
Sounds nasty

waitingforbedtime Wed 30-Sep-09 13:50:53

Oh yes, I had a horrendouse chest infection months back. I had phlegm for weeks and weeks afterwards. So long as it isnt green or dark coloured and you are feeling otherwise ok dont worry imo.

mumof3teens Wed 30-Sep-09 14:09:38

Thanks for your replies OYBBK and WFB. I was given a salamol inhaler which I use from time to time. Glad to hear you finally got rid of the phlegm WFB.

mumof3teens Fri 02-Oct-09 08:31:30

Waitingforbedtime - did you also have a cough and a tightish chest? Were you given anything for it? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now