Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

pregnancy/conception

(4 Posts)
lucsnowe Tue 29-Sep-09 21:29:48

I'd be really grateful if someone could offer a little advice.. I had unprotected sex on Saturday and think I ovulated today. What do you think is the likelihood of my conceiving? At the back of my mind I knew on Saturday I was taking a risk as I was mid-cycle, although I didn't feel I'd ovulated. The relationship is on shaky ground, but in a way I'd really love another child as I'm 36 and DD is nearly 3... Thanks.

ohnelly Wed 30-Sep-09 11:54:25

How long is a piece of string? Quite likely I should think, but depends how fertile you are etc etc. You will just have to wait and see!! grin

lucsnowe Wed 30-Sep-09 19:07:42

Thanks, Ohnelly. So how long do you think sperm survive in the cervix (or wherever they would meet the egg, I'm not sure)?

Lulumama Wed 30-Sep-09 19:10:09

sperm can survive 5 - 7 days, so yes,there is a chance, there is a chance every time you have unprotected sex

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now