Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

A big thank you to all those who supported me with advice to the man whose life I tried to save

(10 Posts)
morningstar Tue 29-Sep-09 18:34:28

thank you to all the mn for reasuring me when I needed someone to talk to I wont forget the support and time you can gave me. xx

Buda Tue 29-Sep-09 18:38:25

How are you doing today?

My uncle died of a massive heart attack some years ago and it was a great comfort to us as a family that people had stopped and tried to save him. He was driving a van on a dual carriageway in Dublin and swerved off onto the hard shoulder. There was a doctor travelling in a car behind him and one travelling in the opposite direction. They both stopped and did CPR to no avail.

reikizen Tue 29-Sep-09 18:38:42

Hope all is better with you smile

morningstar Tue 29-Sep-09 18:45:08

Im ok I have had some kind of closure knowing that I did all I could saw the doctor and advised me , thank you. So sorry to hear about your Uncle, Buda I hope you felt reassured that they tried to help and they were there for him and he wasnt on his own if you understand what im trying to say xx.thank you reikizen im feeling better knowing I did all I could.xx

twirlymum Tue 29-Sep-09 18:47:15

morningstar, did you get any advice re your worry about any health risks?

I think you should be very proud of yourself for trying. I hope I would do the same in that situation.

Buda Tue 29-Sep-09 18:52:08

We did morningstar. It was a long time ago. Almost 30 years ago now.

twirlymum Tue 29-Sep-09 19:31:15

x posted - glad you're ok

morningstar Tue 29-Sep-09 19:32:01

Yes Twirlymum they said very minimun sorry spelt that wrong they said they felt wasnt ness as had no open sores he wasnt bleeding and it was a suspected heart attack.

WickedWench Tue 29-Sep-09 19:56:13

You should indeed be very proud of your efforts.

Someone like you kept my Dad going till the paramedics got to him and took over. Sadly he didn't make it but because of that person's actions he was still alive when they got him to hospital.

It was clear from the PM that the heart attack was just too massive for him to ever recover from but if it hadn't been, that person's quick thinking could have made all the difference.

You did good and no doubt like me and my Mum the relatives of the person you helped are grateful that you were there and that you tried.

Ponders Tue 29-Sep-09 20:02:22

morningstar, I didn't see your thread before but just looked for it & reading it made me cry, thank god there are people like you in the world

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now