Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone had this?

(6 Posts)
cakemix Tue 29-Sep-09 15:03:16

I have a tenderness, area size of about a 10 pence piece - towards the top of my right breast. No real lump, but it feels bruised. It's not bruised and I haven't taken any knocks in that area lately.

I'm just a little concerned and wondered if anyone else had had experience of this?

cakemix Tue 29-Sep-09 16:58:18

Please, someone, any reassuring words?

nigglewiggle Tue 29-Sep-09 17:00:56

Is it towards your armpit? I get soreness here sometimes when I am fighting an infection. I presume it's something to do with lymph glands (but I'm not a medical person). Get a GP's appointment and you can cancel it if it goes away.

cakemix Tue 29-Sep-09 17:10:42

Hi nigglewiggle - thanks for reply - no it's nearer the cleavage side. I have had the odd lump or two before now and always panic (as I lost my Mum to breast cancer) and book straight in at the Drs, but I've never felt this before and I worry the Dr will think I'm over paranoid, you know? The last time I went with a lump I cried and made a bit of a fool of myself in the surgery! blush

I guess I just want someone to come on here and say "yes I've had that feeling, it's nothing and will go".

nigglewiggle Tue 29-Sep-09 17:23:23

They may do and you could feel reassured by that, but I would still see your GP if it hasn't gone away in a couple of days. In the circumstances they would have to be a very hard-nosed GP not to understand your concern.

cakemix Tue 29-Sep-09 17:36:14

Thanks again nigglewiggle, I felt it as soon as I woke up this morning, so it's only been today. I shall see how it is tommorow and go Dr if it's not gone by Thursday.

It feels good to share my worry - if I told anyone in my RL they'd get upset and worry themselves!

Thanks again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now