Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

really dry patches under eyes

(7 Posts)
ja9 Mon 28-Sep-09 23:05:42

(don't know if this is the correct 'topic' for this question...)

please help. over the past month or so the area under my eyes has really dried out and is red and cracked / flaky. looks awful! i haven't changed any make up brand... i usually wear concealer under my eyes as i have dark circles. facial moisturiser, even intensive stuff isn't helping at all...

what's causing it and what do i do about it?

all advice appreciated!

tia

ja9 Tue 29-Sep-09 13:44:40

ohnelly Tue 29-Sep-09 13:45:30

Hi I sometimes get this when I am run down, but mine is on my eyelids. I would go to the doctor and you will prob get some cream for it. I tried lots of different ones for dry skin etc but they didnt work. I got some steroid cream which cleared it up straight away. Might be a type of excema?

NellieTheEllie Tue 29-Sep-09 13:48:33

do you use Touche eclat under your eyes?
Not sure if they've changed their recipe, but couple of people i know who have used it for ages, can't use it anymore because of the problem you describe.

ja9 Tue 29-Sep-09 13:53:10

thanks ohnellt, i might go tot he doc as it is really unsightly ...and sore too when i apply moisturiser. bought some eye cream today so will give that a go first.

NTE - don't use touche eclat...

alypaly Tue 29-Sep-09 15:46:13

sounds like a contact dermatitis from some make up. You can get allergies to things you use on a regular basis

alypaly Tue 29-Sep-09 15:47:02

buy some Simple Eye Ointment from pharmacy and use it under the eyes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now