Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any advice for dealing with painful piles?

(12 Posts)
Daffodilly Mon 28-Sep-09 15:09:42

Not mine, DH's.

I was initially unsympathetic - told him he should try having 2 children and stitches PLUS piles and then he can complain to me about problems sitting down!

However, now realise he is really suffering. So any advice on how to relieve pain?

alypaly Mon 28-Sep-09 17:58:26

external Anusol HC ointment
internal piles........anusol HC suppositories or the cream with an applicator to stick up your bum IYGWIM. If not, a trip to the docs for a stronger one.

alypaly Mon 28-Sep-09 18:00:03

just remembered ,the other thing i used that was brilliant was lignocaine gel 2% or 5% twice a day. Got rid of the pain almost instantly, but he needs to shrink them with the Anusol HC aswwell

Daffodilly Mon 28-Sep-09 20:56:48

Thanks alypaly. He has been 'persuaded' to visit the doctors and has some strong stuff and painkillers. Though the Dr did say that piles shouldn't hurt???!?

Narketta Mon 28-Sep-09 21:01:22

Piles shouldn't hurt?? shock
Yeah right, doc has obviously never suffered from them!!

mowbraygirl Mon 28-Sep-09 21:59:04

alypaly where did you get the lignocaine gel? I have suffered with piles on and off since before I had my son and he is now 33. I have had them banded twice and now only occasional have a problem. I usually use Germoloids cream and suppositories and find that usually does the trick. The Dr said piles shouldn't hurt all I can say he has never had them. My friend was in A & E because of problems with a fistula and bloke in next cubicle had piles and he was screaming in agony.

alypaly Mon 28-Sep-09 23:10:39

mowbraygirl...got it from the chemist. They keep it in the dispensary so you will have to ask the pharmacist and if he hasnt got it in ,they can order it and get it within 24hours. Took the pain away virtually immediately.
Used it with the anusol HC and within 5 days, together it had shrunk a pile that was the size of a grape(sorry TMI). They are painful....bloody doctors,what do they know...?

mowbraygirl Tue 29-Sep-09 12:48:30

alypaly..many thanks for that will ask the DD as she is a pharmacist although doesn't live near us she can get me some for next time I see her.

sheeplikessleep Tue 29-Sep-09 12:53:20

Anusol suppositories are fab.

alypaly Tue 29-Sep-09 13:05:07

mowbraygirl
DD will be able to get it in either 2 or 5%. I am a pharmacy dispenser and we can get it within 24 hours...so you shouldnt have a problem and its not expensive either{smile]

bacon Thu 01-Oct-09 22:41:59

If its really painful it could be anal fissures which are splits in the skin which can develop into a boil type and this feels like a pile. I suffered terrible after my last pregnancy. Id recommend the stool softners Dulconase (spelling???) to keep the bowels regular and soft poos. I was told not to apply strong creams but good vasaline to keep area moist hence stop the pain and itch. I would recommend seeing GP first just to check or else get a good mirror and have a good rummage - nasty but after childbirth nothing phased me.

alypaly Fri 02-Oct-09 11:09:42

bacon ...i had one of those,it was so painful and quite big (it bleed loads too)and i had to go in for...wait for it...an anal stretch...thankfully under anaesthetic.how embarrassing was that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now