Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pins & needles/numbness/strange sensation of like little shocks in my big toe, anyone had similar?

(3 Posts)
sleepsforwimps Mon 28-Sep-09 15:01:57

I've had these sensations in my big toe/part of my foot for the last few days. Stupidely just googled, as you do.. and as a result scared myself witless. blush

Can anyone reassure me this is not the start of something horrible...

I had an infection in my toe a while back and I don't know if coincidence, but my toe was hurting in the same place yesterday, maybe no connection but thought i'd mention it...

I also have disc degeneration in my back and suffer sciatica on and off, but in the last few days since having these strange sensations in my toe/foot I haven't really had any scaitica, although i'm having a flare up with my back pain at the moment. In the 10 years i've suffered with my back/ sciatica i've never suffered any numbness/pins and needles or shock like pain in my foot... Could it be connected? I've just read lots of other conditions this could be the start of... I know I, I know, I must stop scaring myself with google.. I will be going to the doctor tomorrow if I can get an appointment but I would appreciate any reassurance in the meantime.

juggling Thu 08-Oct-09 13:40:39

Are you a diabetic?

alypaly Thu 08-Oct-09 15:30:20

if you have problems with your discs ,normally at level L4/5...S1/2 (lower back) it can cause this pain and a numbness in big toe and next two toes.( it almost feels like a dental injection in your foot) I have the same thing, as i had a serious head-on car crash a few years ago and my discs are prolapsed...just been having bad sciatica recently too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now