Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

OK that's it. Please tell me about your lovely dentist in the Epsom area...

(5 Posts)
Eyeballls Mon 28-Sep-09 14:28:33

I am having my second set of treatment in a couple of weeks and have just been given the cots. £1170 shock for a couple of fillings. The first lot earlier ths year cost £1500 for a couple of extractions. Admittedly both times includ sedation as I'm terrified but really now I think they are taking the piss.

So help me please. Nice kind and understanding dentists in my area that won't require me to remortgage my house.

Disclaimer: I know that cheap dentists are a thing of the past. I am looking for cheaper

Eyeballls Mon 28-Sep-09 14:30:52

Cost even. I'm fine for cots

silverfrog Mon 28-Sep-09 14:34:40

I use the Epsom Dental Centre (I think that's what it's called - observation not my strongest point!)

yes, expensive, but I have had to have expensive stuff done (extraction/bone graft stuff)

very good though, and nice with it smile

no idea how they compare with other dentists - they have a payment scheme thing, which I think works out well (takes little notice of fine details as essential work needed doing emoticon)

Eyeballls Mon 28-Sep-09 14:52:22

Ooh, that one is 10 minutes walk from me, I pass it on the way home...

Just had a look at their price list and they are a good half as expensivew as my current dentist. Are they nice though? I need very gentle sympathetic handling <<wibble>>

Have emailed them for more info. Thanks

silverfrog Mon 28-Sep-09 15:33:06

I think they are very nice, and I'm not great with dentists tbh.

I have seen 2 diff dentists there, mine and another that I had to see in an emergency. both were lovely, imo.

receptionists are nice too smile

I don't know whether they do sedation etc, as I haven't needed it, but should think that someone at the practice would. they do technical stuff well (both dh and I have needed implants this year, mine was quite a tricky case).

dh also had a difficult extraction where the tooth had broken off beneath the gum line.

they are very helpful arranging appts to suit as well, ime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now