Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chicken pox

(3 Posts)
Iklboo Mon 28-Sep-09 13:31:52

At the grand old age of 40 I (embarrassingly) caught chicken pox a fortnight ago from DS.
The spots have either all scabbed over or disappeared completely now but I wondered when I would stop felling like I had been run over by a bus? blush
I'm still all tired & achey. I'm back in work today - couldn't stand daytime TV anymore and would be looking at a disciplinary (I still might be) if I took any more time off.
Am I justified in collapsing on the sofa a la Gloria Swanson tonight and letting DH get the tea and put Ds to bed wink

whomovedmychocolate Mon 28-Sep-09 22:31:55

Well I caught it at 32 and I was pretty worn out for about a month. Was left with painful glands once the spots had gone. You just need to be horizontal as much as possible.

Get well soon

Iklboo Wed 30-Sep-09 12:06:37

Thanks WMMC. Although DH might misinterpret 'horizontal as much as possible' grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now