Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Now period wont stop!

(5 Posts)
PipinJo Mon 28-Sep-09 09:01:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 28-Sep-09 09:19:36

Pipinjo

I would seek a second opinion; preferably from a gynaecologist and go all out to establish why this is happening. GPs can be poor at dealing with these types of problems and your GP does not sound very knowledgeable or even interested.

I would certainly be wary of any injection without first establishing the CAUSE of the underlying problems re bleeding and irregularity.

What hormone levels were tested; it is possible that something was missed with regards to the test result. Not all GPs compare the level of LH against that of FSH for instance. They should do as these hormone levels can look okay if only looked at separately.

I would see another GP at the practice and insist on a referral to a gynae.

PipinJo Mon 28-Sep-09 09:28:30

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 28-Sep-09 10:10:38

LH is luteinising hormone. This along with FSH kickstart the ovulation process, these are both very important hormones. LF should have been tested on day 2 along with FSH.

PipinJo Thu 01-Oct-09 22:45:16

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now