Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Period related migraine - help

(4 Posts)
Shugarlips Sun 27-Sep-09 21:27:35

Just recovering from what I think is a migraine. Started to get a headache on Thursday night and felt really bad Friday morning. Didn't go into work as I felt sick and head banging. Felt better when in bed with the blinds closed, still felt dodgy Saturday and felt much better today. First question is this a migraine? I get this at the end of my period most months and my auntie gets a similar thing. Second question 'is this a common thing?' Suppose I could go to doctors but is there anything I could be doing to help myself?

Dumbledoresgirl Sun 27-Sep-09 21:32:00

It sounds like a migraine. I have started getting them most periods too. They can go on for days with me. There is special medication you can get for migraines so it might be worth going to the doctor but I confess I haven't bothered yet.

SparkleandShine Sun 27-Sep-09 21:36:46

yep sounds like it! you can get a tablet (I had zolmatiptin for a while) BUT although it takes the headache away it makes you a bit wuzzy headed - I wouldn't drive after taking it.... as my main motivation was to stop taking time off work it didn't really help as had to be at home (although without migraine)

Shugarlips Tue 29-Sep-09 09:24:56

Thank you for help and sharing of stories - I think I will get myself down the docs. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now