Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

stomach pains - what could it be

(2 Posts)
happywomble Sun 27-Sep-09 11:25:38

I'm feeling worried because on friday evening I suddenly felt bloated and had to undo my trousers due to my waist expanding and then had bad tummy pains which were worse lying down. It is the type of pain you might feel with a tummy upset but I've had no d or v with it. I am mid cycle and not pregnant. The whole time I feel as though I need to burp and it gets worse in the evening. Does anyone know what it could be? I hesitate to go to the docs in case it is just trapped wind or something minor but how do I know if it is a minor prob or something more that is wrong?

Bucharest Sun 27-Sep-09 11:29:57

It could be trapped wind- indigestion etc...I remember about 10 yrs ago I was at my Mum's and had trapped wind so bad I thought I was having a heart attack- I couldn't get my breath- mum rang the doc who told her to give me an alka seltzer....

Have you tried mints, or even a fizzy drink to bring a burp on? Or an over-counter antacid like Gaviscon/Gaviscote etc?

If it doesn't go away, best see your doc as it might be gastritis, h.pylori, or even gallbladder trouble, all of which have this burpy business as main symptom....(check out the numerous gastricky threads in the GH section- burpy bother seems to be a MNer trait!)

Hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now