Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Oh no. I have a sore throat and I have a really busy week next week ...

(7 Posts)
BecauseImWorthIt Sat 26-Sep-09 23:22:04

Have an early start on Monday, going to a meeting in Stockport.

Then a really early start on Tuesday, flying to Poland, where I'll be working for the rest of the week.

I have a sore throat which I've been trying ignore all day today - drinking lots of fluids, drinking wine (an all day memorial for a friend of ours who died unexpectedly aged 38), but it's definitely taking hold.

Any ideas for some quick fixes to keep me going/get rid of the cold? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

CristinaTheAstonishing Sat 26-Sep-09 23:42:57

Go to bed, get some rest. The wine treatment is a new one

BecauseImWorthIt Sat 26-Sep-09 23:46:34

Wine treatment is always worth a try!

Have had 1000mg vitamin c, and about to go to bed ...

lulalullabye Sun 27-Sep-09 00:20:22

Get up tomorrow or today and go to health food shop.Buy liquid echinacia and take two doses ! Should do the trick.

BecauseImWorthIt Sun 27-Sep-09 09:08:28

Thanks lula - will try that.

Didn't have a great night because I kept sleeping on my back, which makes me snore, which hurts my throat ...

<feeling cross and poorly emoticon>

bluejeans Sun 27-Sep-09 09:24:59

It's rubbish when you're ill and have to carry on, I had this last week (although admittedly I didn't have to fly to Poland! I couldn't stay of work for various reasons though) - my advice is to stock up on ibuprofen, sudafed, throat sweets etc and take regularly and try to do as little as possible in the evenings and have lots of hot baths. My friend had this bad cold too (think it came from the same source!)and took 3 days off work - she was better by Friday whilst I still felt crap, just shows that sometimes is is better to phone in sick and go to bed when you can. Not sure this helps but sending you lots of sympathy anyway.

lula - din't know about echinacia - will try that next time!

BecauseImWorthIt Sun 27-Sep-09 14:03:12

Thanks bluejeans! Yes, would be lovely to go to bed but sadly I can't

Got some echinacea, but only tablets. But have taken it anyway, along with more vit c.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now