Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can constipation make your chest hurt?

(7 Posts)
MRSflamesparrow Tue 07-Jun-05 12:11:02

Possibly TMI alert here...

I am a little constipated (I think, I know I didn't go yesterday, but before that the days kinda merge).

Since yesterday afternoon I have been having chest/back pains - a bit like heartburn feeling, but all the way round my back as well, like someone tightening a belt round me. I'm not breathing deeply either, but I'm not sure if thats an "it might hurt" reflex.

I thought it could be a pulled muscle too, but I don't need to be moving or anything for it to start hurting again.

Any ideas? I can fix the constipation, but if it is something else, then should I think about getting checked out?

Tis most strange....

horseshoe Tue 07-Jun-05 13:56:42

I had this constantly for months on end.

In the end they put it down to indegestion although docs did want to rule out any major problems.

If I was you I'd go and get it checked. Just in case.

Gwenick Tue 07-Jun-05 13:58:59

Havnen't got a clue - sorry

BUT how's the housework blitz going???

MRSflamesparrow Tue 07-Jun-05 15:58:46

I left you your very own message about the housework!

Did a pile this morning (my internet is down), but I'm at Psychomum's house now, so unfortunately I have had to leave it

MRSflamesparrow Tue 07-Jun-05 16:00:03

With regards to the pain... I have bought some of that senna stuff to shift the poo issue, and I'll see what happens when I only have the one factor - if it is still there, then I will get it checked out.

Thanks

xxx

Gwenick Tue 07-Jun-05 16:01:20

where is this message????

MRSflamesparrow Tue 07-Jun-05 16:41:48

here!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now