Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Really sore breasts

(6 Posts)
deaddei Fri 25-Sep-09 21:29:57

I've been on HRT about 6 months.
About a week before period, my breasts get so sore- I never remember it happening before. They definitely get bigger, and feel a bit like when you finish breastfeeding- you don't want anyone brushing against you as it's so sore.
No lumps or unusual things- but really sore.

ilovegarlic Fri 25-Sep-09 22:46:37

must be in the air mine are killing me particularly my nipples! Im due a period in 2 weeks gos I hope it goes as its a killer isnt it!!!

bebesequin Sat 26-Sep-09 18:14:07

Try evening primrose oil mine unbearable just before and after period

B1984 Sat 26-Sep-09 18:26:26

try putting some cold, out of fridge (any kind of)cabbage leaves on your breasts.it really worked for me when i was bf and in teribble pain.

Jacksmama Sat 26-Sep-09 18:32:34

You need your HRT re-evaluating. Sore breasts like that are due to oestrogen excess.

I haven't been on HRT myself but before I had DS, I had serious hormonal problems, and oestrogen excess was one of them. My breasts used to hurt so badly from ovulation until onset of my period that I wanted to cry.

deaddei Sat 26-Sep-09 19:25:01

Thanks for your comments. I'm due back at drs next month so will ask. Am on very low dosage hrt, and even though boobs are sore, it's better than the hot flushes!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now