Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nappy Rash Cure!

(2 Posts)
Shells19 Fri 25-Sep-09 20:09:36

Hello all Mums & Dads,

Some advice re nappy rash. My daughter 6m developed severe nap rash over night (maybe because she had tomato based jar). Her bottom was read raw & by the evening the skin was broken & looked so terribly sore. Up until this point she hadn't so much as had a mark on her bottom. I used Bebepthan (can't spell it?!?) but it seemed to aggravate it. My poor baby was screaming in agony & I was almost in tears. We were in France at the time staying with friends who arranged a doctors appointment for the next morning, I couldn't believe it was JUST nappy rash. I then went to a chemist - they recommended a cream called Mitosyl. It's a mix of fish oil & zinc. liquid paraffin & alchohol free. Would you believe it by the morning the rash at almost disappeared & it didn't seem to bother her at all. So much so I cancelled the doctors appointment as I'm sure he would have laughed in my face. I don't know if you can get this cream in the UK - I've tried our local chemist but they had never heard of it & as every baby is different it might not help yours but you never know (wink) I spoke to a number of French ladies during our holiday & they all swore by it. Anyway hopefully this might help someone out there. Good luck you poor parents if you have this problem. I'm so lucky I had 1 day of it - can only imagine how you must feel if it's ongoing.

mathanxiety Fri 25-Sep-09 23:45:05

I used an ointment in the US called A&D, which is mostly fish oil. It's marvelous stuff, smelled a bit, but it really did the job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now