Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

swollen ankle and foot - not an injury....just swollen.

(6 Posts)
perdu Fri 25-Sep-09 19:18:58

can you tell me what I can do about my sollen ankle and leg.

It seems to swell when I am at work (desk job), I realise this may be because of lack of exercise so I take my trainers to work and go for a good long walk at lunch and also get up from chair to move around office and up and downstairs etc.

Also drink 2 litres of water each day.

so why is my leg from knee down and foot so swollen? do you know? what can I do about it please? It's really not very stylish...sad

TIA

perdu Fri 25-Sep-09 19:49:33

too boring isn't it?

rubyslippers Fri 25-Sep-09 19:51:17

any calf pain?

has this happened before?

you need to elevate your legs - support tights?

i think you need to speak to your GP TBH

almondfinger Fri 25-Sep-09 19:52:11

Do you sit with your legs crossed? Is your chair tilted backwards slightly? This would also cut off circulation to your legs. Do you have a H&S person who does desk assessment? YOu may just need to reposition your chair and get a foot rest. Is it just one leg? Do you have varicose veins? If you do then this may also contribute.

Check out the chair postion and leg crossing first though. Is the exercise helping?

Lulumama Fri 25-Sep-09 19:52:28

ditto ruby

odd swelling out of teh blue should be checked

definitely get your feet and legs up, could it be a reaction to an insect bite?

perdu Fri 25-Sep-09 20:05:45

thanks everyone

I think it may be related to circulation - I have asked for a foot rest to raise my feet and reduce any pressure on my legs. But really it is only in one leg which is a bit strange isn't it?

Both legs were really swollen when I was pregnant and took ages to go down after birth (that was 9 yrs ago btw) but Mum and grandmother suffered from very swollen ankles and feel I am not ready for this look yet!!!

is it anything to do with water retention?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now