Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DH's summer asthma season lengthened by two months this year. Anyone else?

(5 Posts)
duchesse Fri 25-Sep-09 12:16:22

DH has had asthma (probably allergic) requiring the use of drugs throughout the summer for the last 18 years (since his early 20s). Usually it starts in early July and tails off in the first week in September (ie 2 months). This year it started in June and he had to come home 1/2 hour after leaving for work this morning because he was having an attack and hadn't taken his inhaler with him. He's worried that he'll soon be a year-round asthmatic and we're semi-seriously contemplating moving to Canada where he never has any trouble with the asthma.

Before we start applying for the visas, has anybody else noted a longer summer allergy season this year?

duchesse Fri 25-Sep-09 15:55:31

bump

PixieOnaLeaf Fri 25-Sep-09 18:26:33

Message withdrawn

callmeovercautious Thu 01-Oct-09 21:44:15

Duchesse - just seen this - yes the allergy season seems to be longer, my GP said this to me the other day and all my family would agree sad The weather is particularly bad for us this year.

sphil Sat 03-Oct-09 21:57:29

The asthma nurse told us that there were particularly high levels of fungal pollen/spores? in Sept this year. DS2 only gets winter asthma and mild hay fever but this year has been very itchy/snotty in Sept.
Seems to have gone off now though. Give it a few weeks until we put the heating on and then the astma will start again...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now