Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hair raising issue!

(5 Posts)
dizzymama Mon 06-Jun-05 21:57:08

I know this isn't really a big deal but I was just wondering.... when does your hair stop falling out after pregnancy? Dd is now 4.5 months old and if it continues to fall out at this rate I'll be bald and there will be tumble weeds around the house. Dd is covered in my hair Can I take anything to stop this happening or does it stop naturally?

dizzymama Tue 07-Jun-05 18:01:29

bump....anyone?

spykid Tue 07-Jun-05 18:14:29

Ihhad this after both of my ds's, and I promise you it will stop naturally.
At the time though I remember it feeling so traumatic that it was a natuural contraceptive!!!!
What you will probably find is lots of very annoying new hair starting to grow soon. I found this difficult too as it was visible growing through the length of my hair. Ifound it helped to have my hair cut above my shoulders to thicken it out.
Isympathise, ....I blocked our hoover many times with my fallin g hair !!!!

Pinotmum Tue 07-Jun-05 18:15:24

Mine started falling out when dd was about 4 months old but I think it stopped about 6 months. I'd had it cut much shorter by then so it was less noticeable.

bandbsmum Tue 07-Jun-05 20:48:04

My dd is 7 months and mine is still falling out, but it is slowly getting less! The new hair has started to grow through now, but it's very stubbly. I seem to remember it took about 9 months with my ds. My hair is just dull and lifeless too - I hate it at the moment, but am reluctant to get it cut too short as I like the option of being able to put it up out of the way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now