Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ds cut his fingers on an empty can of carrotts.

(4 Posts)
natterbox Mon 06-Jun-05 20:34:35

Hiya all,

I went into the toilet and my wee nipper when into the kitchin bin and pulled out an empty can of carrots and started to put the top back on. As I came into my living room there was blood everywhere and he was still sat there happy as larry.

Im a little worried as as Im sure you are ment to have a tetnus(sp?) when you cut yourself on metal??

Can anyone advise me on what I should do??

Many thanx

jangly Mon 06-Jun-05 20:47:50

Just wash it and put a plaster on, so long as its not still bleeding. Has he not had his jabs? He won't get tetanus from that though.

bigdonna Mon 06-Jun-05 21:51:31

poor little thing,you could just put antiseptic cream on and cover it.i would just wATCH FOR INFECTION.IF YOU ARE WORRIED TOMORROW TAKE HIM TO SEE YOUR GP.

natterbox Tue 07-Jun-05 00:21:11

thanx bigdonna and jangly, for your great advice. I was very worried as I really was not sure what to do. My ds is nearly 17m and I checked his red book and it said he had his tetanus jabs in the first 3 times they have their injections.
There are 2 cuts on his fingers like really big paper cuts, they where just bleeding like mad, and didnt stop for about half an hour. I put on plasters and it did stop after a while.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now