Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have fallen 3 times since Sunday

(8 Posts)
Saltire Wed 23-Sep-09 18:43:09

twice in the past 24 hours! Sunday I fell coming downstairs, our stairs have two large flat steps halfway up as they turn and I fell there. Then last night fell when trying to get out of bath and then today hit the gorund fully when walking the dog. I didn't trip on anything, altough my feet and legs are really bad today and yesterday so don't know if thats caused it. I ahve a large bruise over my shoulder and on my left thigh and knee

queenofdenial2009 Wed 23-Sep-09 21:26:12

Go and see a doctor now! A&E or NHS Direct (but they will tell you to see A&E or emergency GP). Collapsing is not good - I did and spent a month in hospital. It could be anything or nothing, but don't mess about with this.

Saltire Thu 24-Sep-09 15:13:38

Thing is I don't know if I am acutally collapsing or jus ttripping! Did it again today but it was more of a stumble than a fall

Bucharest Thu 24-Sep-09 15:16:03

Saltire- I second the pp, you had that funny business a while back IIRC?
Best go and get yourself looked at...
(I fell over and hurt my arse this morning, but that was because I'd forgotten I'd put the chair on it's seat to clean under it and then tried to sit down...ouch.)

MrsMagnolia Fri 25-Sep-09 11:32:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

deepbreath Fri 25-Sep-09 17:13:45

Sending sympathy because I'm another phantom faller! I've got problems with my neck and back, so I have fallen on stairs a lot in the last few years. I think something in my spine gets pinched if my feet aren't on the same level, and my legs swtich off! After the first few falls it can leave you feeling a bit rattled in case it happens again.

Putting other, more complicated things aside, is there a chance that your sight has changed, so you're misjudging distances a little?

Saltire Mon 28-Sep-09 18:17:28

deepbreath - I have been getting a lot fo visual disturbances recently, including double or blurred vision and black spots in front of my eyes but GP said it goes with teh Fibromyalgia

ThisBoyDerekDrew Mon 28-Sep-09 18:21:49

Get it checked.

My DN suddenly started falling over, tripping over things, falling off his bike etc. turns out he had a brain tumour, and it was the fact that his parents that took notice in this change in behaviour that meant he could be treated v quickly.

I think that is probably a very extreme case study...but nevertheless a good example as to why you should get yourself checked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now