Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else been unlucky to have sickness bug after sickness bug this summer?

(7 Posts)
panicpants Wed 23-Sep-09 18:40:12

I'm on my 5th one since June...before that I hadn't had one for years and years.

Drs think it's just a coincidence...but I'm beginning to wonder...noone else in family or at work have it either.

Any suggestions?

panicpants Wed 23-Sep-09 18:57:53

Anyone??

ThePhantomPlopper Wed 23-Sep-09 19:32:34

Seems a bit excessive to me.

How do you feel the rest of the time? Have you tried taking a probiotic?

panicpants Wed 23-Sep-09 20:23:20

Actually generally feel a bit yuck..with horrendous period pains which I thought were related to the sickness, but this time I'm nowhere near by period.

Yes, do take probiotics.

ThePhantomPlopper Wed 23-Sep-09 20:29:38

I'd go back to the Doc, perhaps it's something dragging on that needs treatment to finish it off IYSWIM?

Are you just vomming or is it both ends?

panicpants Thu 24-Sep-09 10:18:06

Both ends! Yes, will have to go back yet again to the drs

frumpygrumpy Thu 24-Sep-09 10:24:37

I would go back to the doctor and go back and go back until you have a result. Have they checked a stool sample for infection?

My DD1 was terribly ill a few years back, she ended up with constant diarrhoea (but not vomiting too) for weeks and weeks. In the end, we broke the cycle with the following:

- acidopholus from the herbalist (much more intensive dose than supermarket probiotics) to replace all that was lost and get the gut rebalanced

- lots of starches, rice, potatoes, white bread

- low fibre, not much fruit or veg

Go very easy on the tummy, plain, simple foods

But, the doctor needs to be investigating a little more, you shouldn't be suffering like this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now