Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Heart monitor - where do you put it so it doesn't show?

(5 Posts)
magso Wed 23-Sep-09 13:34:20

I have to wear one of these for a week after keeling over rather frequently. What clothes can I wear to keep the machine and wires hidden and secure? And where do you put it? I have tried clipping it to my waist belt, but the wires dangle down, tried my bra strap, but then have a large bump. Any ideas? I need to dress smartish for work and would prefer not to reveal it! Thanks!

Mmmmcoffee Wed 23-Sep-09 14:12:54

I used a bum bag, it was black leather and nice and discreet. Had an added bonus in that I could tuck all the wires in out of the way, and sitting at my desk I could twist it round to the side. Nobody even noticed.

magso Thu 24-Sep-09 07:28:36

Thanks Mmmm, good idea. Ds has a little camera bag i could borrow.

Weegle Thu 24-Sep-09 07:55:17

I tucked the wires down the front of my trousers with the unit clipped on to my waist band/pocket, under my top - down one leg and wore more loosely fitting trousers. All you need to do is remember to pull the wires up slightly from your waste band as you sit down else they'll pull on the pads. I'm pregnant so all my tops are tight fitting so you could trace the wires down me but if I wasn't I suspect they could have hidden in my cleavage grin

magso Thu 24-Sep-09 13:22:10

I wondered about hiding in my cleavage! The unit is quite bulky (I am um small) and it looks like I have an extra mamary! Think I may have to try trousers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now