Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does anyone know about ABx and BFing?

(4 Posts)
HeadInAWhirl Wed 23-Sep-09 13:22:52

I am pregnant, about 5wks and am taking phenoxymethylpenicillin as I was found to be GBS+ with last pg and there is a link to early miscarriage.
I am still BFing DD 4-5 times a day and have noticed her nappies are much softer and smellier since I started taking the ABx. I never thought to mention bf to GP as aren't pg safe drugs safe for BF?

TIA

WowOoo Wed 23-Sep-09 13:36:07

Am sure was told that penicillin type drugs are safe in pregnancy and bfeeding. i know I took some when pregnant anyway.

Wags Wed 23-Sep-09 13:45:54

The Breastfeeding Network is fab with loads of useful information. They also have a helpline which you can ring for specific advice. I used them loads a few years ago when I was ill and BF DS and they were really helpful.

HeadInAWhirl Wed 23-Sep-09 14:49:41

Thank you both for your quick responses
Thats a brilliant site, thanks wags
It even says that diarrhoea is a usual side effect so DD is normal. Feel happier now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now