Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

going down like ninepins

(8 Posts)
cariboo Tue 22-Sep-09 19:36:06

All around me, people are ill. Coughing, sneezing, hollow-eyed, hoarse-voiced, etc. It's terrible; why are they out & about? Don't they know about "the" flu? Ds' teacher was off sick today - good on her! Too late, though, as ds & dd are sneezing & snuffling... what's a mum to do? My throat feels suspiciously scratchy. I cannot succumb! I'm indispensable
to the welfare of the family! Help!sad

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 22-Sep-09 19:42:43

6 off in dds class today. Who know what with. I'm not going to breathe when I go into help wink

alfiesmadmother Tue 22-Sep-09 19:59:00

Yep dropping like flies! Have told the DS to keep washing their hands at school and take their vitamins!

cariboo Tue 22-Sep-09 20:07:34

I can see all 3 of us tucked up in dh & my bed tomorrow... groan!

cariboo Tue 22-Sep-09 21:06:51

can't seem to pry my fingers off this effing keyboard, tho. idiot.

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 22-Sep-09 21:09:34

<disinfects monitor>

alfiesmadmother Wed 23-Sep-09 13:37:47

How are you feeling??!

cariboo Wed 23-Sep-09 16:27:12

thx for asking - I gave both dc a children's NeoCitran (Lemsip in UK) last night which helped and we've all been dosing ourselves with a miracle homeopathic (is this a word?) medicine called oscillococcinum. I can't pronounce it so call it osso-buco.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now