Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any tips for relieving a cough and sore throat?

(11 Posts)
FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Tue 22-Sep-09 14:23:41

smile
Tis for ds, his illness is worse then mine.

Have tried strepsils, paracetamol, lots of juice, have offered ice lolly, have tried syrupy medicine. I'm out of ideas.

Thankyou.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Tue 22-Sep-09 14:46:26

bump

hotchachachaingbunny Tue 22-Sep-09 14:51:52

Watching for ideas... Sorry not to be any help!

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Tue 22-Sep-09 14:53:16

smile No problem. At least the ice lolly has cheered him up a bit.

hullygully Tue 22-Sep-09 14:53:48

This sounds weird but works (is from a herbalist friend). Chop up an onion finely, cover it in honey (about half a glass). Leave overnight to get all the onion juice into the honey and then drink the juice. Works brilliantly for respiratory tract infections.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Tue 22-Sep-09 14:56:02

Hmm, interesting. I'll try that, I may have to pay poor ds to drink it though. grin

Thankyou hully smile

ThingOne Tue 22-Sep-09 16:00:23

How old is he? Hot honey and lemon can relieve well.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Tue 22-Sep-09 17:21:10

He's 10. I'll try anything! Does honey go off??? (thick smiley)

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 22-Sep-09 19:59:20

if its gone thick you can pop it in a bowl of hot water to turn it runny again.

I'm going to be trying raspberry vinegar this year for coughs (its in my river cottage preserves book) v. dark chocolate too for the theobromine.

whist its at the sore throat stage I think its just a matter of lots of ice pops, and either cool air or humid air. hope he feels better soon.

alypaly Tue 22-Sep-09 20:21:23

try Sandersons Throat Specific. I got some for DS1 as he lost his voice with such a sore throat. He had a very important interview to go to so we were desperate. It tastes awful but it works. full voice for interview and got the job.
Thankyou Sandersons

alypaly Tue 22-Sep-09 20:21:55

how old is DS?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now