Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does anyone know anything about fallen arches...thinking it is happening to me.....

(4 Posts)
LoveBeingAMummy Mon 21-Sep-09 08:58:00

So have some problems with my feet, the top side of my foot (opporiste to the arch) is playing up, plus my footprint has changed defo got wider.

Has anyone got any advice?

claricebeansmum Mon 21-Sep-09 08:59:12

Get thee to a podiarist (foot person). They'll take a look and work out what's up (or down!).

BonsoirAnna Mon 21-Sep-09 09:03:18

You need to see a consultant with a special machine that measures where the pressure is on your foot, and will be able to prescribe inner soles to help you balance out your feet.

Go and see your GP and ask for a referral.

Do it soon - if you really have fallen arches, you can put your knees/hips/back right out of balance and suffer a lot in later life.

LoveBeingAMummy Tue 22-Sep-09 07:50:01

Thanks guys, I had gone last year as thought i may have tarsal tunnel as got carpal when pg and felt similar but gp said it wasn't. Guess its the numbness and tingling feeling an dmy feet not feeling right iyswim.

Will go back to gp

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now