Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ds has a cough - will I be flamed if I send him to school?

(8 Posts)
mollyroger Mon 21-Sep-09 08:03:11

It isn't swine flu. He just has sniffles and an irritating cough and has had it for 2 days with no other ill effects. Is the school likely to get all panicky and make him go home? DH is away and I have to work.

CybilLiberty Mon 21-Sep-09 08:06:18

No as he isn't showing flu like syptoms such as sweating, fever etc

scroobiuspirate Mon 21-Sep-09 08:08:02

depends if he is managing ok with it, still able to run around and ok in himself.

mollyroger Mon 21-Sep-09 08:09:39

ah good, that's what I think. I mean, coughs like that can rumble on for weeks, so I can't really keep him off because of it.
But school got a little twitchy at end of term if a child so much as sneezed IYKWIM.

mollyroger Mon 21-Sep-09 08:10:17

he is abslutely fine in himself, not pale or tempy or feeling ill.

Blackduck Mon 21-Sep-09 08:13:43

I'd have said if fine in sef send him in....I have a small one at home today because he threw up (once) last night - he is bouncing around like a thing possessed... hmm

weegiemum Mon 21-Sep-09 08:17:41

Flip no. Send him.

If I kept mine off every time they had a cough/runny nose/sneezles/mild sore throat/"sore tummy"/"I don't feel well" then none of them would ever go to school!

My criteria:

1/ temp that is high and might well need more clapol throug the day
2/ highly contagious eg chickenpox/swine flu
3/ migraine (ds) when he can't cope.
4/ recently vommed all over the place!

Otherwise - off to school!

mollyroger Mon 21-Sep-09 08:18:43

ta thanks, just needed 'permission' ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now