Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

ds has a cough - will I be flamed if I send him to school?

(8 Posts)
mollyroger Mon 21-Sep-09 08:03:11

It isn't swine flu. He just has sniffles and an irritating cough and has had it for 2 days with no other ill effects. Is the school likely to get all panicky and make him go home? DH is away and I have to work.

CybilLiberty Mon 21-Sep-09 08:06:18

No as he isn't showing flu like syptoms such as sweating, fever etc

scroobiuspirate Mon 21-Sep-09 08:08:02

depends if he is managing ok with it, still able to run around and ok in himself.

mollyroger Mon 21-Sep-09 08:09:39

ah good, that's what I think. I mean, coughs like that can rumble on for weeks, so I can't really keep him off because of it.
But school got a little twitchy at end of term if a child so much as sneezed IYKWIM.

mollyroger Mon 21-Sep-09 08:10:17

he is abslutely fine in himself, not pale or tempy or feeling ill.

Blackduck Mon 21-Sep-09 08:13:43

I'd have said if fine in sef send him in....I have a small one at home today because he threw up (once) last night - he is bouncing around like a thing possessed... hmm

weegiemum Mon 21-Sep-09 08:17:41

Flip no. Send him.

If I kept mine off every time they had a cough/runny nose/sneezles/mild sore throat/"sore tummy"/"I don't feel well" then none of them would ever go to school!

My criteria:

1/ temp that is high and might well need more clapol throug the day
2/ highly contagious eg chickenpox/swine flu
3/ migraine (ds) when he can't cope.
4/ recently vommed all over the place!

Otherwise - off to school!

mollyroger Mon 21-Sep-09 08:18:43

ta thanks, just needed 'permission' ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now