Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sore armpits?

(3 Posts)
bubble2bubble Sat 19-Sep-09 10:38:22

Not the stingy allergic to deoderant type, but the sore, achy type.
I actually felt a lump on one side but by the time I got to the GP 2 days later it had disappeared, but the whole area was still sore and now the other side has started to get sore as well.
GP diagnosed struggling immune systme but didn't have any other suggestions ( apart from not to worry and stop thinking i had breast cancer). Fair enough, I was just getting over a cold and have been incredibly stressed. Has anyone else had this & found a quick cure?

Montifer Sat 19-Sep-09 10:43:18

Sounds like inflammed lymph nodes, a sign of your body fighting infection.
I had this a few weeks ago and think it was a response to a insect bite that got really swollen and sore.
It settled down after 4-5 days.

Is some rest, relaxation, gentle exercise and a healthy diet an option for a few weeks?

bubble2bubble Sat 19-Sep-09 11:23:55

oh that sounds such a lovely option.....I have been trying, as I know it is probably the answer ( as opposed to living on coffee & biscuits & five hours sleep!)
Actually just hearing that someone knows what I'm talking about makes me feel better - thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now