Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Swollen glands?

(4 Posts)
Ellbell Sun 05-Jun-05 17:03:48

Hi all... Bit of a stupid question, but hey... they are my speciality, so here goes.

I woke up yesterday with a stiff neck and what is I think some sort of swollen gland in my neck. It's right under the base of my jaw bone and it feels distinctly swollen (though, tbh, I can't actually see anything). It is painful to touch and quite achey, though the ache gets better with ibuprofen. I have no other symptoms, although I do feel a bit as if I've been run down by a bus... but I haven't had much sleeep over the last week (that is to say, even less than normal) so the tiredness and achey-ness could just be lack of sleep. Any ideas what this is? Dh just gives me his best 'what are you whingeing about now?' look, since I am clearly not 'ill' in a conventional sense of the word. But he's at work now, have been charging about all day, kids are fighting, and all I want to do is sleep!

TIA, and thanks for letting me whinge without giving me that look...

Ellbell Sun 05-Jun-05 23:24:25

Oddly, since posting that I feel a lot better, even though the last ibuprofen I took wore off ages ago. The power of Mumsnet...! (Nothing at all to do with the two LARGE glasses of wine I've poured down myself...!)
Will put it down as something and nothing, then!

Pruni Sun 05-Jun-05 23:48:21

Message withdrawn

Ellbell Mon 06-Jun-05 10:29:28

Pruni
Good to know it's not some phantom illness. Doubt you gave it to me, as I haven't been anywhere the last week except my office at work and my study at home... marking exams. Thankfully the marking is finished now and I can get a bit more sleep. Just a nice week of meetings to look forward to!
Feeling a lot better today, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now