Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

best way to treat a verruca?

(11 Posts)
annady Thu 17-Sep-09 21:11:32

hi,
i think i have a verruca, kind of a small white thing on the ball of my foot - has been there since not long after i was in hospital having dc2, i guess i may have caught it in the shower!
is this something i can self-treat? someone told me neat lavender oil? or something from the extensive bazuka-type range at boots?
it's not painful, just i don't want to pass it on to anyone else.
thanks in advance,
a x

needanothername Thu 17-Sep-09 21:12:41

My ds had some really nasty ones and the dr prescribed occlusal (or something like that). Took a while as they were so big but it was v effective.

pollywobbledoodle Thu 17-Sep-09 21:14:43

1 week of bazooka then cover with duct tape and keep replacing until it dies off and comes out.

giddyaboutj Thu 17-Sep-09 21:18:19

duct tape worked for us. keep on all the time but change regularly until verucca disapears. I think it starves the verucca of oxygen (or something like that)

wuglet Thu 17-Sep-09 21:21:52

agree with duct tape - but I would wear it for 1 week, then one day without when you soak your foot and file it (with pumice or similar) - for at least 6 weeks.

alypaly Fri 18-Sep-09 00:01:53

silver nitrate pencil is briliant, got rid of a cluster on DS2's foot. its called Avoca..be careful with it as its quite caustic.

LackaDAISYcal Fri 18-Sep-09 00:04:23

isn't banana skin meant to be pretty effective? or have I just made that up?

thumbwitch Fri 18-Sep-09 00:06:39

Salactol worked best for me. But is also dangerous on non-verucca skin so be careful in applying it. Also requires pumicing the top layer of the bastard verucca to allow the poison to get right to the heart of it, and then cover with a plaster.

AnAuntieNotAMum Fri 18-Sep-09 00:11:28

LackaDAISYcal - I think so, I had success with banana skin for a wart. Was amazed but it drew it right out.

annady Fri 18-Sep-09 12:37:02

thanks so much for your responses - will get some duct tape asap.
banana skin sounds bizarre but interesting - how does it work? do i just rub it on? have two skins about to go out to compost so can try that remedy right away!
a x

CMOTdibbler Fri 18-Sep-09 12:39:03

I just go to the chiropodist - he charges 20 quid to peel remove my calluses, check toenails, and generally tidy my feet up, and included in that is blasting any veruccas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now