Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what on earth is wrong with my leg

(18 Posts)
candyfluff Wed 16-Sep-09 21:17:05

all day its been like a continous cramping pain feeling like its in a vice ,what can i do its really uncomfortable.
have tried paracetamol,hot bath ,hot water bottle ,deep heat and tonic water

KirstyJC Wed 16-Sep-09 21:23:04

Whereabouts in your leg? Have you got any other problems eg swelling, hot to touch, red etc?

disclaimer - I'm not medically trained, just nosy!!

candyfluff Wed 16-Sep-09 21:31:09

all down my leg from the back of the knee down to the calf,doesnt seem swollen its not hot either - its driving me to distaction
i took a diazepam earlier and it helped but its worn off now so much be muscular

candyfluff Wed 16-Sep-09 21:39:32

help -theres no way i can sleep ,should i call for advice ,cant see much on this sort of thing on the web

lavenderkate Wed 16-Sep-09 21:41:39

Hi Candyfluff, perhaps you could ring the NHS helpline?

SolidGoldBrass Wed 16-Sep-09 21:42:27

Have you done anything that could account for it, had a stumble, been wearing new shoes, kicked your H in the cock?
Are you PG? Or is there a history of varicose vein problems in your family?
Basically if it isn't better tomorrow, then seek some advice.

candyfluff Wed 16-Sep-09 21:45:59

i have called the on call doctors ,its awful i cant explain
havent done anything to it ,i wear flatties all the time.
not pg
and yes to the varicous veins but have none on my lower leg

lavenderkate Wed 16-Sep-09 22:06:24

Are you in a lot of pain still even after painkillers?
I would have thought ibuprofen better for muscular than paracetomol?

bellavita Wed 16-Sep-09 22:13:18

See, I didn't do anything about the pain I had in my knee for ooooh 8 or 9 months and it turns out I had a torn cartilage and am now recovering from knee surgery.

Soooo, my advice to you is get it seen to sooner rather than later if it still hurts.

daffodill6 Wed 16-Sep-09 22:26:08

Hope the on call doctors can help - I wonder about Deep vein Thrombosis - have you recently been travelling and fairly immobile eg on a long flight or 4 hour taxi journey where you've been unable to move around as much?

- Hope they sort you out ASAP

candyfluff Thu 17-Sep-09 08:39:21

i went to see the doctors on call last night and he checked my legs and asked me some questions regarding possible dvt,nothing pointed towards that so advised me to take codine ,managed to sleep ok and its a bit better today but not much

jetcat32 Thu 17-Sep-09 08:40:08

I had the exact same thing OP, and actually posted on here! I am somewhat overweight, so my GP sent me straight off to hospital with a possible DVT.

I was there all day, admitted onto the assessment ward. A simple blood test ruled out the DVT, but didnt explain what the pain was. I got some really strong painkillers off them, and it went eventually a week or so later. I cant remember doing anything to it eitherhmm

Hope you ok, and the on call GP helped

candyfluff Thu 17-Sep-09 08:46:39

it is driving me distraction,my leg feels very heavy,the doc measured my legs to see if there was any swelling ,it was hot or hard.my pulse was strong
im over weight too but he said that alone was not a risk factor,i walk everywhere so its not because i sit down alot

jetcat32 Thu 17-Sep-09 08:59:51

did he give you any painkillers? My leg was quite hard, but that could have been because it was tense due to the pain.

I kept putting ice packs on it, and couldnt figure out how to rest it, as the pain actually decreased when i was walking on it.

Hope it gets better soon, and you have my sympathiessad

candyfluff Thu 17-Sep-09 09:07:28

yes jetcat it is better when im walking - whats that all about ,yesterday i tried everything to help but nothing did ,i will take some codeine if it gets any worse.

manitz Fri 18-Sep-09 09:22:15

i have same. had it about 2 weeks ago then came down with cold or flu. now been up all night vomiting and with pain from hip to back of ankle. i also have pain in my foot when walking but achy calf and hip etc is better i think it's cos i have a heavy period and pain in foot so have been walking a bit oddly. my temp is 38. i am getting nurofen via dps soon and if temp doesn go downa nd pain doesnt go they have told me to get to doc in case is an infecgtion or dvt. no real reason for dvt as walking about etc not pg

lavenderkate Sat 19-Sep-09 17:16:42

poor you manitz. hope youre feeling btter todaysad

manitz Sun 20-Sep-09 09:08:12

thanks. am all well now. but dh has it now and has teh leg ache with it so must be related. am considering leaving him 'only' with ds (1) to look after wink while i pop out. don't think i'm that mean though...

candyfluff were you ill too could have been the same i thought

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now