Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

bleeding inbetween periods

(19 Posts)
pinkyp Wed 16-Sep-09 20:31:55

Can anyone help me, today i've had some slight bleeding (i,e when i go wipe) its gradually got worse but not enough to wear a pad or anything and is brownish(sorry tmi). rather than the usual period, i only finished my period last week so it can't be that.please help

dreamylady Wed 16-Sep-09 23:09:20

could be loads of things so don't panic and i'm not a health professional but do get to GP or even better sexual health / family planning clinic urgently. esp if any pain eg on having sex. In the very slim chance it is serious the sooner its identified and dealt with the better.

hope its OK

pinkyp Wed 16-Sep-09 23:49:01

thanks, will go to my gp asap - never had this before so i am a bit scared

lavenderkate Wed 16-Sep-09 23:50:41

Hi pinkyp. I am experiencing the same thing for the first time. Went Gp, was really helpful. Do go.

shhhh Thu 17-Sep-09 18:51:01

pinky, I was just looking on mn for others in a similar situation as I to finshed my period almost a week ago (maybe 4/5 days ago) and today I have had the same. Its also dark coloured so seems old iykwim...

Bumping for anyone else who may be able to help..Think I may check it out with my GP.

BTW lavenderkate...what did your gp say...?

I'm new to the pill (taking for around 4 months) and no other problems/symptoms...

lavenderkate Sat 19-Sep-09 10:07:44

shhh i bet yours is linked to starting the pill?
Doctor doing all sorts of tests.hmm

lavenderkate Sat 19-Sep-09 10:08:15

and been referred for scan to check everything.

shhhh Sat 19-Sep-09 17:42:40

so no closure for you LK..? Hope you get good answers soon.

BTW, (sorry if tmi) but today I started with mild thrush and a little old blood again today..dh also thinks maybe the pill and maybe stress related as dd started school this week and tbh I haven't stopped all week..i guess... maybe I have been stressed...Im also on ad's so atm feel like im falling apart sad.

lavenderkate Sat 19-Sep-09 17:46:38

Shhh poor you.If your DD started school, in theory youre supposed to get more time to yourself!
keep in touch.

shhhh Sat 19-Sep-09 18:07:24

I thought that was the case as well ! I have had time spare but tbh spent it trying to remember what I needed to do each day, do "jobs" and trying to do to much hmm.!

ds was in preschool on fri so I did manage a swim which was bliss !

lavenderkate Sat 19-Sep-09 18:15:29

Am hugely impressed you managed that! Love swimmimg but disillusioned about all the haircare required, before and after grin

shhhh Mon 21-Sep-09 13:03:51

i know what you mean...and im not keen on the lack of makeup either hmm. I tend to swim, rush home ,shower and hey presto..Im me again grin.

Not seen gp today as our female one is off, nurse fully booked and can only book for tomorrow..tomorrow,,hmm.

shhhh Mon 21-Sep-09 13:03:53

i know what you mean...and im not keen on the lack of makeup either hmm. I tend to swim, rush home ,shower and hey presto..Im me again grin.

Not seen gp today as our female one is off, nurse fully booked and can only book for tomorrow..tomorrow,,hmm.

proudestmummyever Wed 30-Sep-09 23:02:23

Ths has just happened to me..I am worried about it

My period has bn late last 3 mnths, 4 mnths

Ths mnth it was 13 days late, same as last mnth, got it on 17th Sep for bout 4 days but no pain, always get severe pain, I am actually waiting to go for a scan on 15th October

Anyway period finished and strted bleeding again on the 24th exactly a week later, for couple days then again on 28th for a day...any ideas wats going on??xx

proudestmummyever Wed 30-Sep-09 23:28:04

BUMPgrinxx

proudestmummyever Thu 01-Oct-09 12:25:34

ANYONE? XX

laurasarah Thu 01-Oct-09 12:44:46

I've had this but got coil fitted,

Anyway I started to get bleeding after intercourse. Went to GP nothing too serious but got an errosion on my cervix (apparently it happens when you are pregnant or when you have had kids!).

Do go to your GP it really helped me.

Hugs X

proudestmummyever Thu 01-Oct-09 22:18:10

Thanku LauraSarah, I will def go xx

proudestmummyever Thu 01-Oct-09 22:19:42

Thanku LauraSarah, I will def go xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now