Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I've cut my finger

(4 Posts)
OrmIrian Wed 16-Sep-09 15:39:03

Quite badly I think. Across the knuckle of my right ring finger. Didn't bleed much but very very painful and am having trouble doing much with it at all. Last night I just chucked a plaster on it but I don't know whether it needs stitches - I can't see how deep it is without having a poke about and I can't touch it without hitting the ceiling.

A&E or not. Is it safe to assume that no matter how deep it (assuming it hasn't damaged tendons etc) that it will heal OK as long as I keep it covered?

OrmIrian Wed 16-Sep-09 16:04:58

OW! Did you hear me? I said 'Ow!"

Ow ow ow ..ouch

Marne Wed 16-Sep-09 16:08:29

If its not bleeding it should be fine, just make sure you keep it covered and clean so it doesn't get infected.

OrmIrian Wed 16-Sep-09 16:11:13

Thanks marne. That is what I thought but have a tendency to be a bit like those vile old country women on French and Saunders when i hurt myself so I wasn't sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now