Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I am really really getting fed up now.

(4 Posts)
Lovemyshoes Wed 16-Sep-09 13:41:40

I phoned NHS direct on Saturday about a problem with my leg, they said a doctor would ring me back, they didn't.

By Sunday morning, the pain was horrible so I went to casualty where I was put on 2000mg flucloxacillin a day and 1500 amoxycillin a day.

Went to the docs for some more amoxycillin on Monday and she said I don't need amoxycillin, but the carry on with the other one and she gave me some pencillin.

Last night my hands started itching and this morning I've come out in hives, blisters and a rash, I also cannot stop itching, it turns out that I have developed an allergy to penicillin.

I am now at work looking like elephant man and feeling like shit, my leg is still painful (severe cellulitis) and I am itching all over, so badly, that my skin is nearly becoming raw.

Is it too much to ask, to not have to go to 3 different doctors and get 3 different opinions on one infection?

I am not a happy chappess at the minute sad

rubyslippers Wed 16-Sep-09 13:42:53

cellulitis is potentially serious - you need to get an emergency appt with your GP or go back to A & E especially as things are getting worse

Lovemyshoes Wed 16-Sep-09 13:59:05

The symptoms of the cellulitis has eased greatly and is getting better day by day, on Sunday I couldn't weight bare, yesterday I was limping and today i'm walking fine, it is still uncomfortable, but not terribly so.

I'm suffering more with the hives due to a reaction with the penicillin now sad, sorry ruby, upon reading my last post, it does come across as jumbled.

Lovemyshoes Fri 18-Sep-09 10:30:15

The hives etc calmed down, I am now taking clorphenamine for the itching, last night the cellulitis flared up again so I have had an appointment with the doctors.

He has put me back on the amoxycillin and within an 1 1/2 of taking it I have started reacting BUT, I took it last Sunday and Monday and didn't react.

I really do not know what is going on now and I'm getting slightly peeved now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now