Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Immunisation rash?

(5 Posts)
WigWamBam Sat 04-Jun-05 18:21:10

My dd had her pre-school boosters on Tuesday, and tonight has developed a pin-prick rash of tiny pale spots on her tummy, chest and the back of her neck. Is this likely that the immunisation has caused it? I seem to remember reading about the possibility of a rash once before, but can't remember and can't get on to Google to check it out at the moment.

Tipex Sat 04-Jun-05 18:39:23

WWB, yes it can altho seems possibly a bit delayed. Is she unwell in anyway? Sounds very like a viral type rash if mainly on trunk and I take it it fades fully under pressure? is it itchy at all? I gues main thing is how is she? and to check the immms site doesnt look inflamed or infected in any way.

WigWamBam Sat 04-Jun-05 18:48:10

She's just started to complain of feeling achey and headachey, and gone to bed early, so I know she's not right. She doesn't have a fever, although she feels a little warm. The rash fades under pressure and isn't itchy. The immunisation site from the MMR has been inflamed, hot and itchy but has been better today, I do remember her having that with her previous jabs but not this rash or the feeling poorly.

potty1 Sat 04-Jun-05 19:50:25

WWB - my dd hada rash after her pre-school MMR booster. The GP said it was a reaction to the measles part. She had a temp that lasted a couple of days and the rash for maybe 5 days. Hope your dd feels better soon.

WigWamBam Sat 04-Jun-05 19:57:47

Yes, I thought it was probably the measles part, it does look like a measles rash. Thanks, if it's that then I don't have to get too worried about what she might have caught!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now