Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD age 7 starting with spots

(5 Posts)
MermaidSpam Tue 15-Sep-09 23:24:44

My dd (age 7) is starting to get spots. Blackheads and whiteheads on her chin, nose, cheeks and forehead (approx 15-20 at the mo).

I'm totally paranoid about this as I started with Acne aged 8.

Can anyone give me some advice? Should I go to the doc? What can I use that won't be too harsh for her skin at this young age?

Ta
x

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 16-Sep-09 08:43:11

If you are concerned go to the doctor. Is she showing any other signs of puberty?

admylin Wed 16-Sep-09 08:50:48

Dd had a few on her nose when she was 7 going on 8. Have you tried cleansing and then putting a bit of tea tree oil on them at bed time? That always got rid of dd's.

MermaidSpam Wed 16-Sep-09 10:37:45

Cheers admylin, I'll try that.

Kreecher - no, but now you mention it I started my periods/developing very early so will keep an eye.

mumsydoodle Wed 16-Sep-09 10:50:19

Regarding hormones and puberty, I think your history / experience will be reflected in your daughter. If you had acne at 8 and early periods as you say, then it is likely she will follow suit. Tea tree oil is very good, but the other stuff is aimed at much older sturdier skin, my DD is 12 and it is too strong for her, she tried it once and her skin was so sore and irritated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now