Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Kidney infection?

(3 Posts)
Claire2009 Tue 15-Sep-09 22:18:49

Lower back is aching.

Fanjo, well. Hard to describe, but feels bruised/almost stingy like when I go to the toilet. Kinda felt like a trapped nerve feeling down there on/off throughout the day and on/off throbbing, worse when I sit down.

Last time I had a kidney infection was when I was preg on DS (2+yrs ago) so can't remember entirely what it was like ...!?

weegiemum Tue 15-Sep-09 22:26:28

Go to doc - you shouldn't take a kidney infection lightly <voice of experience emoticon>

Try to get a morning appointment and if you can hold on to produce a sample for them while you are there, so much the better.

Do you have a temp/other aches and pains/shivers etc?

If you do I would call tonight, otherwise, get on to GP first thing!

Hope you feel better soon!

Claire2009 Tue 15-Sep-09 22:31:18

I was freezing yesterday, but not sure if that was just me adjusting to the change of weather. Had no other aches/pains. Not really sure what it is tbh, but I'm guessing kidney with the ache on the left side.

No temp at all, just cold yesterday and was wearing my big coat a couple of days ago when it was sunny and everyone was in vests hmm !?

Will go to the docs in the morning, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now