Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I think my coil is falling out. bit worried

(7 Posts)
Tangas Tue 15-Sep-09 18:54:59

i've only just noticed, nurse said to check that the srings r there (they hang at the top of ur cervix)but this don't feel like strings and its pretty much almost out. should i pull it out or what? any one had this happen before?

InMyLittleHead Tue 15-Sep-09 18:59:21

Wait, can you feel the bottom of the coil at all? Or are the strings just really long?

Tangas Tue 15-Sep-09 19:21:52

i don't really know. it feels like really thin wire?! can't feel no strings??

Wilts Tue 15-Sep-09 19:31:45

My strings feel like wire, have you felt your strings before?

SparklyGothKat Tue 15-Sep-09 19:45:37

my strings feel like tiny wire too, apparently they soften over time. You could nip to the family planning clinic and get them to check it

InMyLittleHead Tue 15-Sep-09 19:47:34

Wires/strings - prob the same thing.

If you can't feel the strings, don't worry. Apparently they 'hide' round the top of the cervix. My GP told me they've stopped telling people to bother feeling for the strings because of this and just assume it's fine as long as nothing falls out.

Tangas Tue 15-Sep-09 20:04:15

ah, sounds like it is the strings then, this is the first time i ever tryed to feel them.

thanks ladies worry gone now xxx grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now