Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What have I donr to my leg?

(10 Posts)
whoingodsnameami Tue 15-Sep-09 17:49:07

Sunday night I went to bed feeling perfectly fine. When I woke up Monday I had what felt like a pulled muscle in my right thigh, I'd had a bad dream through the night and thought perhaps I had tensed it and it was indeed a pulled muscle. However its getting worse, it has now spread right the way down my calf, and I am actually struggling to walk, is it just a pulled muscle or should I be worried?

nellie12 Tue 15-Sep-09 17:50:13

is your calf hot and red?

whoingodsnameami Tue 15-Sep-09 17:56:41

No its not, it also hurts behind my knee.

LilRedWG Tue 15-Sep-09 17:58:03

Go to the doctor. It could be a pulled muscle but it could be a thrombosis. Always best to get checked out.

rubyslippers Tue 15-Sep-09 17:58:21

call NHS direct - could be a DVT

is your calf swollen and/or hot

can you wiggle your toes/stand on tip toes - if yes does it hurt?

is your foot cold?

nellie12 Tue 15-Sep-09 18:00:07

It does sound a bit suspicious of a dvt although your leg isn't hot or red. If you have a walk in clinic I would be tempted to go and get someone to examine you if not contact gp out of hours. It is hard to say without seeing it.

whoingodsnameami Tue 15-Sep-09 18:00:36

I can wiggle my toes, foot not cold, and I feel a painful strain when I stand on tip toes.

I am very tired today for some reason, not sure if its connected.

whoingodsnameami Tue 15-Sep-09 18:01:54

Thanks, will see what I can dosmile

LilRedWG Tue 15-Sep-09 18:02:28

Get it checked out.

rubyslippers Tue 15-Sep-09 18:06:12

deffo get it checked

hope all is ok smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now